Mar

Lighting Ideas for an Outdoor Wedding

As you may have gathered if  you are a regular reader of the blog, I love outdoor weddings! I love everything about them (apart from the British weather) But one of the things I love most is the lighting.

(photo source)

The lighting in an outdoor wedding can not only form a functional aspect to the day but create a beautiful form of decoration. In the summer months it may not get dark till 10pm but as dusk falls it’s time to get out your tea lights, fairy lights……whatever takes your fancy and add another level of atmosphere to your wedding.
As a wedding planner, one fo my jobs is to light the tealights and make sure all the outdoor lighting is set up. It is important to balance out the functionality of the lighting with the prettiness aspect.

(photo source)

I have put together some of my favorite ideas for you to hopefully help and inspire you for your own wedding day.

Paper Lanterns

Hanging Lanterns

Paper Bag Lights

Tea Lights

(photos source)

DIY & Rustic Lanterns

Floating Lanterns

Mason/Jam Jars

Odd and Bods

(photo source)

So I hope you like my selection, do let me know what your favorite is. If you are having any sort of outdoor lighting for your wedding do let me know what you have chosen.

Big Boho Love

Kelly xx

Other things you may love...

1. Rachel S

I am IN LOVE with the blue lanterns in the giant tent. It’s so crisp and clean, yet totally spunky! It makes the atmosphere so playful and fun. I am totally INSPIRED!

2. Dede R

Does anyone know what is hanging from the strand lights in the second image?

3. Paver lights solar

Although, you have included the photographs of some of finest examples of lights used for celebratory occasions, but would like to add one more idea to this. Many banquet halls and marriage palaces are already laced with paver lights, why not use them as the decorative lighting system in your garden area, where you can arrange the marriage function.

4. allanna

I have fallen in love with the blue glowing jars, can someone tell me how that is done..? or isit computer work..? x

5. Holly

This is the best collection of ideas I have seen anywhere on the web. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

6. Rick Lomas

Hi, I’ve sent you an email and also a Facebook message, but not had a reply yet. It was about the last image from The National Feast of Lanterns. I’m the owner of the site you quoted as the image source (thank you btw!), but just to say that I have moved the post to my new site http://www.motorhomefreedom.com so if you could change the link that would be hugely appreciated. You have a lovely site here btw :)

• boho

can you dro me an email please, i am currenytly on maternity, so need to pass this onto my assistant

7. Rick Lomas

Hi, thanks for the reply – I just emailed kelly@….
    I’ll look forward to your assistants reply. And congratulations :)

Please leave your comment

We reserve the right to remove any comment that we feel is distasteful, rude, hurtful or inappropriate, so please be nice. Remember the weddings featured on this blog are real people and their weddings mean a lot to them. Please be mindful of this and other people's feelings. If youhave a problem with any of the content please contact me directly.