As you know the Blog also has its own Wedding Directory in the form of Boho Wedding Directory. The Directory is a hand-picked list split up into suppliers and regions making it super easy for you to find the perfect Boho supplier for your wedding. Just to make life that bit easier for you and to make sure you don’t miss any of the wonderful suppliers that are getting added to the directory, I will regularly showcase the suppliers I have added here as a mini update.
Ceremonies: Blessings From Italy
Blessings From Italy will design an unforgettable and personalized ceremony, which reflects who you are as a couple. Diane and Giuseppe are Premier European Celebrants, who are widely known for their originality, creativity, vast knowledge and experience.
More information: www.boho-weddings.com/blessings-italy
Photographers: Christopher Ian Photography
I am an award-winning photographer with an unobtrusive approach to weddings, adopting a contemporary, documentary photographic style. Your images will tell a story that will be a lasting, iconic memory for you to treasure forever. If you share this vision then we will make wedding memories like no other!
More information: www.boho-weddings.com/christopher-ian-photography (more…)
It’s Friday afternoon finally and I for sure have that Friday feeling. This week has been so very busy in my household. With Paul away in Mexico I have been left in charge of an unruly 5 year old for a full week. As much as I love being a mummy it is so much easier when Paul and I share the responsibility. I have some great plans for her this weekend that include visiting the cinema, watching the Corpse Bride again as she is wedding crazy like me, going out for a light lunch and to the play centre as well as visiting family. She certainly won’t have time to get bored without her daddy who is much more fun than me!
Without delay I will introduce you to our regular Friday feature Real Boho Brides. Today we have the lovely Emily back on the blog. Last time she spoke about Honeymoons and made us all very jealous here at Boho HQ. Today Emily is back and talking to us about the subject of bridesmaids.
- Remember you only have 1 week left to apply if you want to become the next Boho Bride or groom. All info can be found HERE
I’ll pass you over to Emily………
Hello. So last time I hopefully brought you a bit of sunshine by talking about honeymoons. This month, the bridesmaids’ dresses have arrived, so I decided to talk about the importance of bridesmaids and the search for dresses.
First of all, how amazing are Bridesmaids? The answer, is ‘pretty awesome actually’! It is great to have your closest girls with you for support and laughs before and on your big day. Who else is going to hold your dress while you wee! I love having them there to share things with and I am so grateful for all their enthusiasm for the wedding.
I am blessed to have my big sister and best friend as my bridesmaids as well as our two gorgeous nieces as flower girls – aged 2 and 5. I’m sure every Auntie says the same about their nieces, but they really are the cutest things ever!
I think my unofficial bridesmaids are the mums but obviously they have their own wedding party position to fulfil. They are just as busy organising and making things. (more…)
Happy Friday everyone! It’s been a while but today we are back with Lisa and Alex from 2 people 1 life. The couple took a few months rest away from all of their wedding planning, and seeing that today we are on wedding 60 I’m sure you can understand why. Imagine planning 60 weddings (and still counting) it’s hard enough for most couples to plan one wedding! Last time we saw them in Switzerland for wedding 57, they then went over to Italy for wedding 58 and 59 but unfortunately they are still waiting for the photos for these two celebrations, instead of waiting I thought we would head straight over to wedding number 60 and it’s an absolute beauty! Croatia is somewhere on my wish list to visit and after hearing Lisa talk so fondly of it it makes me want to go even more! I think it’s fair to say that both Lisa and Alex loved it in this beautiful country and from the photos you can see why.
(In case you have missed the whole story, Lisa and Alex have spent the last two years travelling round the world getting married in every country they visit, you can read more about their adventures HERE.)
I’ll pass yo over to Lisa to tell you more about the day………
Croatia is a stunning coastal country that has so much to offer. Perfectly blue water and skies like no other place in the world. It mesmerizes me and makes me feel like I belong where I can hear it. Constantly, gently, beautifully lapping the pristine pebbled shore. The small towns along the waters edge nestle close into the steep cliffs and offer winding narrow lanes that drag you to the sea. Stalls line the road that sails along the water offering freshly picked pomegranates, grapes and home grown honey. It is such a beautiful place, you just have to see it to believe it.
We took our morning coffee down to the shore, dangling our feet off the edge of a collapsed sunny concrete pier we dreamed of living somewhere so stunning, asking ourselves, would we ever get anything done? could we handle having our breath taken away every morning? (more…)
This afternoon I have a fantastic shoot for you with an amazing list of suppliers. I am just a teeny little bit biased because it was my husband at Paul Joseph Photography who took these images. It’s a little different to the normal vision I suppose you would have for a wedding. Paul has taken out all the pretty and added edge and grit. The shoot is based on the story of the film Drive which features the lovely Ryan Gosling. Paul managed to source some amazing suppliers who all did a fantastic job. I hope you love these Warehouse Wedding Inspired images as much as I do.
Paul tells us a bit more about the shoot…………
Date and Location of Shoot
21st Oct 2013 at Superiormotorcars Garage near York
What made you decide to do the shoot
We have seen so many styled wedding shoots arranged around pretty flowers, a big grand venue or dress so we thought we would give something else a bash. We wanted to create something unusual. Something not the wedding norm and something that we could put our stamp on. We called in crack team of wedding supplier epicness and asked them all to create something ace. (more…)
It’s been a few months since the last ‘Advice from the Married Side’ but I am pleased to say that today it is back in its regular monthly feature. I have so many amazing real weddings on the blog and for each one I feature I ask the couple a number of questions, one of these questions being advice for other couples. Sometimes the answers get lost amongst the pretty pictures, so each month I bring you a selection of these brides (and grooms) words of wisdom! I hope there will be something amongst these experiences that help you while planning your own wedding……….Happy Planning!
(Photo by McKinley Rodgers Photography)
- Don’t believe in any wedding superstitions or stereotypes- they suck!
- Look into local suppliers as cheaper alternatives
- We used an app called Capsule Cam and flagged this to our guests in their wedding invites. Everyone uploaded their pictures from the day and we ended up with over 1000. It was amazing seeing everything from different people’s different perspectives and lovely to have this whilst we waited for the professional photos.
- We also used Wedding Window to create our wedding website. This was great to keep people updated on the details of the event and it had an email account associated with it that we could communicate to guests through
- Even when it feels like you are getting too stressed or spending too much money on ‘just one day’ it really is the best day ever and you will love every second and it will all be worth it!
- Definitely do not spend more than what you could afford. A great wedding does not need to be expensive. Decide what are most important to you and spend money on those things. Everything else, spend accordingly or cut out completely.
- We wanted to do all sorts of unique things but our budget meant some things had to be left out or tweaked. Just remembering why you are doing this in the first place, takes away any bride/groomzilla moments.
- If you can, choose a first look or allocate an hour after the ceremony for time and pictures with each other. You will cherish those moments.
- Don’t get hung up about the little things, it doesn’t matter if things don’t match or go to plan, what matters is what you guys as a couple really want because this is a day that you will remember for the rest of your married life.
- Get it videoed so you can watch it back and see the little things you missed!
(Photo by Wedding Photography to Love) (more…)