Today we are talking bridesmaids! Gone are the days when your friends will hate you for asking them to be bridesmaids as they fear and dread the hideous monstrosity you put them in. Today bridesmaids are all about a much more relaxed look, mix and match being the key trend for the last few years and it looks like it is here to stay. Mixing the colours up, or mixing the styles up to suit each person’s body shape and colouring is key in keeping your bridesmaids happy and on your side.
So when I discovered twobirds a year or so ago, I was delighted. I seem to remember seeing them featured on some American wedding programme, and since then have seen them crop up all over the place!
I actually lost sense of time when I went on their website looking at all the different colours (there’s even a Kelly green!) and the different ways of wearing each design……..there really is something there for everyone. I advise you to go and have a bit of a play and see what colour combo and style you like the most!
What they say
Beautiful, stylish and flattering bridesmaids gowns twobirds Bridesmaid is the go-to dress design company for stylish bridesmaids.
Setting itself apart from the typical bridesmaid dress, twobirds Bridemaid offers a collection of completely convertible, luxurious and timeless gowns that are flattering for every figure – the perfect solution for an effortless shopping experience.
Launched in 2007 by New Yorker Ariane Goldman, twobirds Bridesmaid has fast become one of the leading bridesmaids dress manufacturers both in the UK and worldwide. The ingenious ‘convertible’ design concept – inspired by a 1970’s Norma Kamali ‘Infinity’ dress – allows each dress within the collection to be worn in 15 different ways, providing complete versatility and sophisticated style. The gowns are made from a luxurious jersey blend fabric and feature bodice straps that can be twisted, tied, knotted and folded to create a range of flattering neckline and sleeve options, whilst maintaining a cohesive look for the bridal party.
The Classic and Two-Toned gowns, which come in four lengths (Short Straight, Butterfly, Flutter and Ballgown) and nineteen catwalk inspired colours, are suitable for every style of occasion, season and complexion. The gowns are also the perfect choice for pregnant bridesmaids, offering full support and an elegant shape.
For ultra glamour, the Rosette collection features the same design concept of the Classic collection with the addition of chiffon rosettes hand-sewn on to the gowns. The Rosette gowns are available in six colours and three lengths (Ballgown, Tea Length and the cute Mini). A small selection of flowergirl dresses with matching sashes also forms part of the collection.
Twobirds’ philosophy of simplicity without sacrificing on style has been carried through to the sizing structure; the dresses are manufactured in just two sizes (4-18 and 20-26), resulting in a hassle-free experience with no fittings or alterations required. A handy bandeau top is also available for added support. The collections are stocked in the twobirds Bridesmaid studio in Notting Hill and in a select number of reputable bridal boutiques throughout the UK and Ireland. Fabric swatches are available on request and for brides outside of the stockist area, a sample gown can be delivered for a seven-day loan.
- twobirds Bridesmaid London, 202 Kensington Park Road, Notting Hill, W11 1NR
- Beautiful Bridal Boutique, 61b Seamoor Road, Westbourne, Dorset, BH4 9AE
- The Bespoke Wardrobe, 96 High Street, Ingatestone, Essex, CM4
- Claire Louise Brides, 603 Chorley Old Road, Bolton, BL1 6BL
- County Cream Bridal House, 1 Church Walk, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 1JH
- Ellie Sanderson, 1 London End, Beaconsfield Old Town, Buckinghamshire, HP9 2HN
- Emily Bridalwear, 161 Neill Road, Sheffield, South Yorks, S11 8QJ
- Ellis Collections, 8/10 La Colombrie, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 4QB
- Gillian Million, 34 High Street, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8EW
- Louella Bride, 30 Harrogate Road, Rawdon, Leeds, LS19 6HJ
- Miss Bush Bridalwear, High Street, Ripley, Surrey
- Mr and Mrs Bridal Boutique, 56 Bute Street, Aberdare, Wales, CF44 7LD
- Swan Brides 12B West Street, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1JR
- The Bridal Boutique Aberdeen, 267 North Deeside Road, Peterculter, Aberdeen, AB14 0UL
- The Mews Clifton 30 The Mall, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 4DS
- The Wedding Club, 15 Templefield Square, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2LJ
- The Wedding Shop, 4 High Street, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1DA
- White Mischief Bridal Boutique, High Street, Henfield, West Sussex, BN5 5HP
- Y.A.P. Bridal Boutique, 6 St Mary’s Place, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 7PG
- Frilly Frocks, Blindgate House, Bachelors Lane, Drogheda, Co. Louth
- The Bridal Lounge, 68 Pearse Street, Dublin
- Eden Manor Bridal, Clohass, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, Ireland